The Turtle Takes Off on August 6th, 2011

The Turtle, my 1981 Toyota Sunrader Mini Motorhome, will be taking me on an almost 8,000 mile journey to Glacier National Park and beyond. Wish us luck and tailwinds!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

"Lullaby of Birdland"


The last art work I did was entitled, "Lullaby of Birdland". It is made of woven polyester that I printed with my inkjet printer after coating the surface with a product called INKAID. The images were scanned from sunflower seed bags and altered. Then I printed several large sheets using Epson Ultrachrome K3 inks as they are both archival and colorfast. I cut the sheets into many smaller shapes and rearranged them into a kaleidoscope, pieced them on my sewing machine, then used hand quilting, embroidery, and all kinds of embellishments. Some but not all of the embellishments include: beads, pipe cleaners, paper clips, rickrack, springs, rolled plastic beads, glass...

It is about 38" in diameter.

No comments: