The Turtle Takes Off on August 6th, 2011

The Turtle, my 1981 Toyota Sunrader Mini Motorhome, will be taking me on an almost 8,000 mile journey to Glacier National Park and beyond. Wish us luck and tailwinds!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

High Tech Digital to Low Tech Pinhole, A Romantic Effect





Before I left for my Florida trip, I made a pinhole by drilling a hole in the body cap of my Single Lens Reflex Digital that I bought in 2006. I didn't use it much after purchasing my Canon Power Shot SD1100 which is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. After drilling the larger hole, I punched a needle into a piece of aluminum pie pan and put that inside the body cap. So I am shooting without a lens and only the light that enters the pin- sized hole. So no adjustments can be made for focal length, etc. The first and third images went into photoshop for one small effect. The other three images are straight out of the camera. It took a long time to learn what would work in this format..lots of experimenting and more to come.

No comments: