The Turtle Takes Off on August 6th, 2011

The Turtle, my 1981 Toyota Sunrader Mini Motorhome, will be taking me on an almost 8,000 mile journey to Glacier National Park and beyond. Wish us luck and tailwinds!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Pillow for Persie


I made this pillow for a friend after her cat died. I have created several pillows for clients that want to give something to a friend or loved one as a memorial to their cat or dog. It is always quite a wonderful joy for them to receive the pillow. It is something they can hug.

Each one has photos of the pet that I print on cotton and piece with other fabrics and then quilt and embellish. I often use a kaleidoscope effect. Also I "clone" some of the fabric from the photographs and print that out as well to add to the pillow. The pillows always blend well with the clients decor.

No comments: