The Turtle Takes Off on August 6th, 2011

The Turtle, my 1981 Toyota Sunrader Mini Motorhome, will be taking me on an almost 8,000 mile journey to Glacier National Park and beyond. Wish us luck and tailwinds!

Wednesday, April 7, 2010



Short Bio for Peggy DeBell

I transform the mundane into the marvelous. The Red Dawg Salloon in Wyoming becomes a story in embellished imagery. Kozy Shack pudding tops are sewn on canvas to make a
fashionable bag. Buds, flowers, leaves from a spring pear tree are placed on my scanner bed. All kinds of odd surfaces run through my ink jet printer. How about printing on a recycled bird seed bag, or on soil separator fabric, or on fine linen? What will happen? How can I design the materials and images into something totally unique and beautiful? I am always questioning and exploring and have done so for almost 30 years. My main material has always been, well...material! The tools have changed. I began by painting nappy paint rollers with fabric paint and rolling it across yards of recycled sheets. Currently, I use high tech tools such as a digital camera, scanner, wide format printer, a computer and image editing software! What an evolution and it still continues!

No comments: