The Turtle Takes Off on August 6th, 2011

The Turtle, my 1981 Toyota Sunrader Mini Motorhome, will be taking me on an almost 8,000 mile journey to Glacier National Park and beyond. Wish us luck and tailwinds!

Monday, August 29, 2011

Carhenge, Alliance, NE



In order to see the bizarre, I had to stay at a rather odd RV spot in Alliance. On one side were lovely views of tractors and other farm equipment and on the opposite , a granary. A train tracked near my head, and the well lit Sunset Motel sign filled in to make a fortress of commercial fortitude. I was in a triangle where two roads intersected. Fortunately one of them was a road less traveled. The Turtle's air conditioning took care of the sounds and her curtains dimmed the lights and I had no problem sleeping.
Once again, don't judge a book by it's cover or a RV site by it's sidekicks. Because in the office was a wonderful woman who told me about Carhenge and Alliance, NE. Alliance has lots of interesting sights including a great art museum. She was dedicated to tourism which often is preferable to a steel mill in the middle of town. And she had doughnuts.

1 comment:

Peggy DeBell said...

I am awaiting comments from the thousands of people that view my blog! Love you all.