The Turtle Takes Off on August 6th, 2011

The Turtle, my 1981 Toyota Sunrader Mini Motorhome, will be taking me on an almost 8,000 mile journey to Glacier National Park and beyond. Wish us luck and tailwinds!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Royal Detour



If you are going to detour, this is the way to do it. I29 North from Rock Port, Mo almost to Omaha, NE was closed due to major flooding of the Missouri River. I saw silos and a few farm houses that looked like islands along the interstate. I mean it was tragic for those involved, but for me it provided a beautiful glistening view, and the new route was like a roller coaster lined with rows of undulating corn fields and out of scale windmills. I put the wind giants into another perspective and noticed it matched the crack in my side-view mirror.

3 comments:

Mary Stori said...

I'm enjoying your journey Peggy.....safe travels.

Russell Rabby said...

Watch out for alligators- Russell

Peggy DeBell said...

No alligators in Missouri! Maybe at a zoo.