The Turtle Takes Off on August 6th, 2011

The Turtle, my 1981 Toyota Sunrader Mini Motorhome, will be taking me on an almost 8,000 mile journey to Glacier National Park and beyond. Wish us luck and tailwinds!

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Hiking the Hoodoos











This hike at Bryce Canyon National Park was at 7,600 feet. After the marker medal, I have 2 photos of how steep and how smooth the baked sandstone appears from the top. Yes, that is a person at the bottom of the third photo. It was a bit daunting, but as I got closer, it wasn't as bad as it looked and so I kept on going down like Alice because I wanted to see what was  there and not because I had taken a pill. So follow along with me and meet the Queen of England, to the final photo of a hoodoo eclipse. It was three miles of sharp down, level , and sharp up. I started at 8:30 and finished about noon because I stopped and took photos, talked to people, rested, drank water, and savored lots of Mad Hatter Hoodoos. Woo-Hoo. One of my best hikes ever. I hiked the Hoodoos the last year of my sixth decade.

No comments: